Hickory Wind Ranch FAQ
1) WHAT DOES SOBER LIVING & EXTENDED CARE INCLUDE?
- Daily Meetings
- One on One Sessions with Directors
- Full Gym Membership
- Job Assistance
- School Assistance
- Group Support Meetings
- Big Book Study Life Skills Training
- High Accountability Homes
2) DO YOU ACCEPT INSURANCE OR IS FUNDING AVAILABLE?
- We are currently private pay only. Some scholarships are available through our partner, the SIMS Foundation.
3) ARE THERE CURRENTLY ANY OPENINGS AVAILABLE?
- Please call us at (512) 765-5711 to inquire about current availability.
4) I AM LOOKING TO LEAD A SOBER LIFE NOW; CAN HICKORY WIND HELP ME?
- Absolutely and congratulations! Discovering that you want to lead a sober life is the first step to recovery. Hickory Wind Ranch is the perfect place to recover, as our close-knit community, highly-refined program, and creative atmosphere provide the necessary elements needed for recovery.
5) WHAT SETS HICKORY WIND APART FROM OTHER SOBER LIVING HOMES/RECOVERY COMMUNITIES?
- Each resident’s recovery process is supported by an individually tailored path once their needs are assessed. This includes everything from housing and drug testing to optional activities. This highly-refined approach to recovery is enhanced by our supportive, artistic atmosphere, providing everything needed to recover once and for all.
6) WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO STAY AT HICKORY WIND RANCH?
- Please directly contact us today to find out about resident requirements at Hickory Wind Ranch.
7) HOW LONG IS THE SOBER LIVING AND EXTENDED CARE PROGRAM?
- Hickory Wind Ranch requires our residents to stay at least a minimum of 90 days for the extended care program, and most clients stay between 4-6 months to reap the full benefits on their path to recovery in our sober living homes.
8) DO YOU HELP FIND YOUR RESIDENTS WORK DURING YOUR STAY?
- Yes, we do have a work assistance program for our residents.
9) DO YOU CONTINUE TO HELP RESIDENTS AFTER THE PROGRAM ENDS?
- Being a part of our amazing community means you’re always family. Though it varies from resident to resident, we offer alumni the opportunity to attend meetings and other activities.
10) WHAT IS THE AVERAGE AGE OF THE MEN STAYING AT HICKORY WIND RANCH?
- The average age of our residents at Hickory Wind Ranch is between the ages of 21 and 45.
11) IS THERE A SCHEDULE TO FOLLOW DURING MY STAY AT HICKORY WIND RANCH?
- Hickory Wind Ranch provides each resident with a daily schedule that includes everything from a morning and night routine to a creative time schedule. This is dependent on seniority and phase level, which varies from patient to patient.
12) HOW BIG OF A ROLE DOES CREATIVITY/MUSIC/ART PLAY IN RECOVERY AT HICKORY WIND RANCH?
- Creativity, music, and art play a large role in the recovery process at Hickory Wind Ranch. The majority of our clients love music and art, and Hickory Wind Ranch was founded with this in mind. We have guitars and a piano in the house, and we encourage all of our residents to get creative.
13) HOW FAR AWAY IS HICKORY WIND RANCH FROM THE BUS LINE?
- Hickory Wind Ranch is located approximately one block from the nearest bus line.
14) CAN I HAVE MY OWN VEHICLE AND STILL DO THINGS OUTSIDE OF HICKORY WIND RANCH?
- Though it depends on what phase of recovery you are in, usually yes.
15) WHEN WILL YOU ACCEPT WOMEN INTO THE PROGRAM?
- Our women’s program is planned to open in Spring 2014.
16) ARE YOU ALLOWED CELL PHONES AND LAPTOPS AT HICKORY WIND RANCH?
- Cell phones and laptops are allowed.
Have any more questions? Contact us below and ask!