Hickory Wind Ranch Recovery Community: Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHAT DOES SOBER LIVING/EXTENDED CARE INCLUDE?
- Daily Meetings
- One on One Sessions with Directors
- Full Gym Membership
- Job Assistance
- School Assistance
- Group Support Meetings
- Big Book Study
- Life Skills Training
- Nutritional Programming
- High Accountability Homes
2. DO YOU ACCEPT INSURANCE OR IS FUNDING AVAILABLE?
- We are currently private pay only. Some scholarships are available through our partner, the SIMS Foundation. We also provide a link to Care Credit on our Admission page.
3. ARE THERE CURRENTLY ANY OPENINGS AVAILABLE?
- Please call us at 512-598-5165 to inquire about current availability.
4. I AM LOOKING TO LEAD A SOBER LIFE NOW, HOW CAN HICKORY WIND HELP ME?
- Hickory Wind is under new ownership. Bridgeway Sober Living is one of the best, if not the best sober living home in the Austin Texas area. Contact us today or visit Bridgeway Sober Living for more information.
5. WHAT SETS HICKORY WIND APART FROM OTHER SOBER LIVING HOMES/RECOVERY COMMUNITIES?
- We care. Feel free to read all of the testimonials from current and former residents. We have a lot to offer in our sober living homes.
6. WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO STAY AT HICKORY WIND RANCH?
- Hickory Wind Ranch is one of the homes run by Bridgeway Sober Living. Feel free to read more here http://bridgewaysoberliving.com/structured-homes/
7. HOW LONG IS THE PROGRAM? IS IT DIFFERENT FOR RECOVERY PATIENTS VS. SOBER LIVING PATIENTS?
- Hickory Wind Ranch requires a 90 day stay minimum, but most clients stay between 4-6 months to reap the full benefits on their path to recovery.
8. DO YOU HELP FIND YOUR RESIDENTS WORK DURING YOUR STAY?
- Yes, we have a work assistance program as part of your stay.
9. DO YOU CONTINUE TO HELP RESIDENTS AFTER THE PROGRAM ENDS?
- While our success rate is high, some residents do feel the need for extended services. We offer long term care.
10. WHAT IS THE AVERAGE AGE OF THE MEN AND WOMEN STAYING AT HICKORY WIND RANCH?
- The average age of our residents at Hickory Wind Ranch are between the ages of 21 and 45.
12. IS THERE A SPECIFIC SCHEDULE TO FOLLOW DURING MY STAY AT HICKORY WIND RANCH?
- Hickory Wind Ranch provides each resident with a daily schedule that includes everything from a morning and night schedule to creative time. This is dependent on seniority and phase level, which varies heavily from patient to patient.
13. HOW BIG OF A ROLE DOES CREATIVITY/MUSIC/ART PLAY IN RECOVERY AT HICKORY WIND RANCH?
- Creativity, music, and art play a large role in the recovery process at Hickory Wind Ranch. The majority of our clients love music and art, and Hickory Wind Ranch was founded with this in mind. We have guitars and a piano in the house, and we encourage all of our residents to get creative.
14. HOW FAR AWAY IS HICKORY WIND RANCH FROM THE BUS LINES AND JOBS?
- Hickory Wind Ranch is located approximately one block from the nearest bus line.
15. CAN I HAVE MY OWN VEHICLE AND STILL DO THINGS OUTSIDE OF HICKORY WIND RANCH?
- Depending on what phase of recovery you are in, the answer is usually yes.
16. WILL YOU ACCEPT WOMEN INTO THE PROGRAM EVENTUALLY? IF SO, WHEN?
- Our women’s program is planned to open in Spring 2014.
17. ARE YOU ALLOWED CELL PHONES AND LAPTOPS AT HICKORY WIND RANCH?
19. HOW COULD THERAPY BE ONE OF THE TOOLS TO GET ME THROUGH RECOVERY?
- Therapy, meditation, yoga, group meetings, and one on one time are just a few of the resources we use to help you through recovery. You can read more about our sober living services here.