An Extended Care, Luxury Recovery Community
Located in Beautiful Austin, TX
Sober Care, Compassion & Community
The cornerstone of Hickory Wind Ranch's philosophy is respect for every individual as a unique, lovable human being. It is our promise. We honor and understand that each person's journey is an exceptional one. We offer care, compassion and community to meet the individual needs of each member through the following program components:
What Sets Us Apart from Other Sober Homes
- Programs and Life Skills: Updates on our job search , schooling, and volunteer search programs.
- Accountability: Clients goals coordinated with all staff and family.
- Monitoring: Weekly random drug testing.
- Mind, Body, Spirit : 12 Step Studies, meditation, and process groups weekly, plus creative night with all staff and director.
Let Us Help Move You Along the Path to Sobriety
- Program specializing in prescription medication, alcohol, and drug addiction
- High accountability homes
- Comprehensive referral program and library of support services to achieve individual goals: education, career development and placement and volunteer work
- Nurturing, family-like atmosphere with social and recreational opportunities as desired
- Program based on healing and supporting the whole self
- Onsite 12 Step & recovery meetings
- Full Gym Memberships
- One-on-one sessions with our Director
- Family support meetings
- Life skills support groups
- Meditation and breathwork
- Zero tolerance for substance usage monitored by random, weekly testing
- Optional clinically supervised aftercare
- Hickory Wind Ranch Alumni Program
- Comfortable, well-appointed accommodations with on site 24 hour house manager
- Satellite TV, wireless internet
- Onsite laundry facilities with Energy Star washer and dryer
- Strong community-building with fellow residents.
Video from Family Dinner Night - April 6th, 2012
Who We Are
POLLY PARSONS, Executive Director
If there are two things Polly Parsons could write encyclopedias on, they are rock and roll, and addiction. As the daughter of Gram Parsons, considered to be the father of the Americana Music movement, who fatally overdosed at twenty-six, she had no other choice but to learn a lifetime’s worth of both subjects.
Growing up as the child of Gram Parsons and an artistic mother, Polly had little stability in her life. She was only a child when her father died, and though she has some treasured memories of him, she learned most of what she knows from those who played music alongside him and loved him.
Addiction is genetic. All of Polly's grandparents died of this disease as well. In her own journey to sobriety, she learned a lot about what worked and didn’t work in various recovery and sober living programs.
Over 5 years ago, Polly founded Hickory Wind Ranch, which is driven by one passionate question: If her young father was still alive, and needed help, where would he go? At Hickory Wind Ranch, Polly has created the most creative space in the country, incorporating structured, bi-weekly random drug testing, counseling, community dinners once a month, creative group challenges where residents present an original piece of art, music, drama, or writing, and 24-hour personal support. Polly believes that the recovery model in 2013 must include ANY open door to recovery that brings us closer to God. "We must include everyone at the healing table, because it is working.” This model is driving the success behind Hickory Wind Ranch, which has one of the highest sober living retention rates in Austin, Texas. Polly hopes to establish the same model in other cities across the country, continuing the journey of healing she has so passionately begun.
Besides having 15 years of experience of work in the music industry with recovering addicts, Polly is also the producer of a video concert design company, and a mother. It is a full and busy life, but when it comes to Hickory Wind Ranch, Polly cannot imagine a life without it.
Listen to an exclusive podcast recorded on March 12th, 2012 from Polly Parsons here:
If you're a neighbor of Hickory Wind Ranch, please feel free to read our letter to our neighbors concerning general information about our sober living residents and our sober living homes in Austin.